Organizations can share, track, and administer SCORM and AICC across learning platforms with DigitalChalk Content Fortress (formerly known as Control Tower), all from one secure, central location. To use Content Fortress you’ll need to know how to upload content, create licenses, add clients, transfer SCORM and AICC packages using dispatch files or using PENS, and track content usage.
Choosing a Plan
1. Click the DigitalChalk Administration tab, then click “Content Fortress from the “System Management” list
2. Select the “Account” tab and choose your payment plan. Your options are 1- 50 users for Alpha, 51-150 for Bravo, 151-500 for Charlie, 501-5000 for Delta, and 5001-50000 for Echo.
3. Click the “Account” tab and choose your payment plan based on the number of course registrations you expect.
4. Enter payment information.
1. Click the “Content” tab. The Content Library page is displayed. Upload your SCORM or AICC package by clicking “Add Content” and selecting a content file.
2. The default details for the content are displayed. If you don’t want to change the default details, click the “Content” tab. The Content Library page is displayed with the content you added.
To make changes to the content, select the content and then click “Edit Content.”
3. On the “Edit Content” window, you can add a thumbnail image, change the title, include a description, specify a provider, create and select tags, and replace the content package. Once you’ve entered all the information, click “Save.”
*Note: You can also specify providers on the “Settings” tab.
4. The Content Library page is displayed with the content you added. To make additional changes to the content, select the content and then click “Edit Content.”
Licenses tell Content Fortress how you want clients to access and use your content.
1. Click the “Licenses” tab, and click “Add License.” The “Add License” page is displayed.
2. On the “Add License” page, enter details for the license, including the name, the name of the client who will register learners for this license, the date range for registration, the option to limit registration by license or course, the option to limit new registrations, the option to prevent user visits, and the option to enter tags. Once you’ve entered all the information, click “Save.”
3. After you save the license details, the details screen for that license is displayed so you can add content to that license. Click “Add Content to License,” and select the appropriate SCORM or AICC package from your Content Library. You can also add content directly to the license if it isn’t in your Content Library yet.
You need to add a client for each one the different organizations, sub-organizations, varying regional business locations, or business departments you’re delivering content to.
1. Click the the “Clients” tab, and click “Add a Client.” Enter the client’s name on the “Create Client” page, and click “Save.” Content Fortress creates a unique Client Key for each client, which is used as a client identifier. The client you created is displayed on the “Client List” page.
Transferring Content to and from Content Fortress using PENS
1. If you use PENS for file transfer, add a PENS account to securely import your SCORM and AICC content directly to Content Fortress.
2. Click the “Settings” tab, then click “Add Account.”
3. Type in the name of your PENS account, and click “Save.”
4. If you use PENS for file transfer, you can also add a PENS target—under the “Settings” tab—to securely export your SCORM and AICC content directly from Content Fortress to another platform.
5. Type the name of the PENS target, the target URL, and the system user ID and password (if applicable).
Transferring Content to Other Platforms
There are two ways to transfer content from DigitalChalk Content Fortress: by downloading a dispatch file or by transferring content to a PENS target.
Downloading a dispatch file:
1. Go to the “Licenses” tab, select a license, scroll down to the content for that license, and click the download button. You will receive a SCORM or AICC dispatch file specially tailored by DigitalChalk to track and share content in other learning platforms.
2. Download the dispatch file, and send it to the appropriate client who can then upload it to their learning platform.
Pushing content to a PENS target:
1. Go to the “Licenses” tab, select a license, scroll down to the content for that license, and click “Transfer to LMS.”
2. On the new page, click “New Target.”
3. Select or add the name of the PENS target and the target URL. If applicable, enter a System User ID and System Password.
Tracking content usage
There are two places in Content Fortress where you can track data: the “Dashboard” and the “Reports” tabs. For a quick glance, check the “Dashboard” tab for basic account information, including how many days remain in the registration period and how many registrations remain in your plan. Below that, there’s data on the average of active users per day, active content per day, average registrations per week, average course time, and even geographical locations of users.
For more detailed data, go to the “Reports” tab for Client, Content, License, PENS Activity, Provider, and Registration Reports. In each report, you can filter information based on particular categories or just view the general report. You can also download these reports as an easily viewable CSV file.